Most of the apparel we provide to our clients comes to us from other women in the community, and hosting a donation drive is a great way to support Dress for Success Regina. You can plan a campaign at your company, school, place of worship or association. Or you may want to simply gather together a group of friends who want to make a difference.
Your donation drive can collect new or nearly-new tops, slacks, blazers, shoes and other business-appropriate apparel, or even accessories like handbags or jewelry. Contact us to learn what we need most right now. We can also provide information to help you plan and promote an effective campaign.
Holding a donation drive can be a creative and collaborative team-building exercise. But most importantly, it is a way to support women in your community and to help them take a crucial first step towards a better future.
lf you are interested in holding a clothing drive, we have the tools to help you do it! Please feel free to contact us about holding one at your group, company, or organization.
When is the best time to hold a clothing donation drive?
We welcome donations year round, with the type of clothing needed dependent upon the season.
- January to March – seasonal coats, career appropriate sweaters, pants, skirts, blazers, closed shoes, handbags, outerwear (scarves, hats, gloves), and long sleeve dresses.
- April to June – seasonal spring coats (trench coats, jackets), skirts, blouses, pants, blazers, shoes (closed toe, peep toe, sling backs), and spring dresses
- July to September – lightweight career appropriate cardigans, dresses (must cover bra straps; no strapless, halters or spaghetti strap dresses) and shoes (summer pumps, peep toes, ballet flats; no strappy sandals)
- October to December – Fall/lightweight and wool coats, boots, wool blend pants, long skirts, suit jackets, pant suits, cardigans, blazers, and scarves
- Accepted Year Round – Classic jewelry: chain necklaces, pearls, earrings, totes/ handbags, classic pumps and flats, neutral coloured tops and pants, scrubs, maternity wear, plus sizes (sized 14 and above)
Does Dress for Success provide bins/boxes for the collection?
We are unable to provide containers, but organizations/companies can obtain their own should they wish.
Does the clothing have to be on hangers?
Clothing can be neatly folded and placed in a box or sturdy bag. Please be sure to securely close any container and label with your company name. You do not need to put items on hangers. All clothing should be clean / freshly laundered.
Is Dress for Success in need of any specific items?
We appreciate all nearly new, contemporary, seasonal career-appropriate apparel, accessories, handbags, shoes and jewelry. However, we have a particular need for larger sizes of 14 and above.
Do you accept men’s clothing?
We are unable to accept menswear. However, Carmichael Outreach and other similar organizations do serve men and could be an option for your drive.
Do you accept monetary donations during a clothing drive?
Absolutely! Financial contributions enable us to offer a wide range of services to women, programs designed to help women build and grow their careers on their journeys to economic empowerment.
Can we donate non-clothing items?
Absolutely! We provide small gift bags to our clients which will often include personal hygiene products such as new and unused travel-size shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, make-up, etc.